60 mm Mortar Bomb TB 60C
– The Mortar Bomb is intended for combined destruction, both by air-blast and thermal emission, of the following variety of targets:
- The body of the thermobaric mortar bomb contains bursting charge that on impact ignites and disperses the contents of the body which, as it burns, generates a rapidly forming high-pressure blast wave which neutralizes the target area.
– A zone characterized with overpressure and intense heat is created in the area of hits.
– The aluminum body is plastic coated which guarantees much safer handling and storage of the ammunition;
- The fin stabilizer is made of plastic for increasing the life of the tube of the Mortar weapon system.
The Mortar Bomb TB 60C (Thermobaric Commando) is used with any type of smooth bore 60 mm Mortars of NATO Standard – such as the COMMANDO Mortar M60CMA, M2 and M19, BRANDT model 35, Tampella, Thompson Houston – Hotchkiss – Brandt Commando, MO-60-63, 60 mm M-57, M6H and M6C Hirtenberger, etc., and designed for fighting uncovered enemy manpower, as well as unarmored means of transportation.
This Mortar Bomb is fuzed
AF610 (Point detonating, super quick action, boresafe type, muzzle safety distance 40 m).
AF622 (Point detonating, super quick action, boresafe type) fuze.
|BASIC CHARACTERISTICS||TB 60C|
|Body material||Aluminum alloy
|Length of fuzed Mortar Bomb, mm||310 max|
|Flight Weight of Mortar Bomb, kg||1.050 max|
|Payload type||Thermobaric composition TBC-2|
|Weight of payload TBC-2, kg||0.450 max|
|Arming distance, m||40(AF610)|
|BALLISTIC DATA(with 640 mm barrel Commando)
|Average Pressure, bar (piezo):||250(0+2)|
|Maximum Pressure, bar (piezo):||290(0+2)|
|Maximum Range, m||2321|
|Class of explosion hazard:||1.2E, UN 0321|
|One fuzed Mortar Bomb with 2 pcs. Increment charges is packed in a Plastic Container; 10 pcs. Containers are arranged in a wooden case.|
|Wooden case dimensions, mm||420x400x216|
|Wooden case weight, kg||20|
|Wooden case volume, m3||0.036|