ARSENAL JSCo. - Kazanlak is a distinguished multi-functional infra-structural Company with leading positions in the National Economics and with great experience in design, manufacturing, engineering and trade in military and civilian products.
ARSENAL JSCo. was founded in 1878 in Rousse as the first factory meant to serve the newly created Bulgarian Army.
In 1924 due to some strategic considerations the factory was transferred to Kazanlak by the law of the National Assembly and was given the name of State Military Works for production of cartridges and repair of all military equipment for the needs of the Army.
Nowadays, the activities of ARSENAL JSCo. are:
design, manufacturing and trade in small arms and artillery armaments, ammunition, primers, powders, charges, pyrotechnic products, hunting and sport weapons and ammunition, cemented carbide tools, tips and inserts, universal milling machines, CNC milling machines, drilling machines, casting, forging etc.;
Our Company performs an energetic innovation activity, as well as modernization of the military products.
Development, production and submission of the new and modernized articles are performed without termination of submission of the well-known articles.
The engineering activity of ARSENAL JSCo started in 1987. The Engineering Department performs transfer of know-how, helps a Customer to manufacture weapons and ammunition, installs workshops and tests equipment in the Customer`s country, trains its personnel, performs quality control and gives any necessary technical assistance.
During that period numerous Contracts have been concluded with companies all over the world for:
Factories for production of anti-aircraft systems, grenade launchers, ammunition, etc.;
Workshops for assembly of assault rifles, machine guns, ammunition for them, etc.;
Workshops for electroplating and heat treatment;
Workshops for forging-pressing processing;
Lines for electro-mechanical machining;
Lines for deep-hole drilling of work pieces;
Test ranges for small arms;
Workshops for production of special tooling, etc.
ARSENAL JSCo. has a structured Quality Management System applicable for design and production of armaments, ammunition and their components in accordance with the requirements of NATO Publication- AQAP 2110.
This Quality Management System is approved and certified by the Ministry of Defence, Certificate SK No 052/2013.
According to the requirements of ISO 9001, ARSENAL JSCo. has structured Quality Management System for design, manufacturing, delivery and service of Milling Machines, Column Drilling Machines, CNC Milling Machines, Machining Centres, Special Purpose Machines in accordance with Customer’s specification and accessories. Lloyd’s Register Quality Assurance (LRQA) with Certificate No. SOF170183, issued at 30th August 2000 has approved and certified this Quality Management System.
2. Company address: 100, Rozova Dolina Str.,
6100 Kazanlak, BULGARIA - Tel.: +359/431/50 000
Point detonating, time and super quick, with check action and self- destruction AF41(FSQSD1), AF35(FSQSD3);
Point detonating, distance armed, self-destruction fuze with ejection charge AF42(FSD1), AF43(FSD2);
Point detonating with delay action, distance armed and self-destruction AF21(FDSD1), AF32(FDSD2),AF31(FDSD3), AF22(FDSD4); AF33(FDSD5), AF44(FDSD6);
Point detonating, super quick and distance armed fuze AF61(FPDSQ1), AF62(FPDSQ2), AF63(FPDSQ3), AF64(M52-B3); AF-66, AF-67;
Point detonating, super quick and check action, self-destruction AF71(FTM1);
Piezoelectric fuze AF73(PF-71), AF74(PF-91);
Fuzes for hand grenade: distance fuze AF11(FD-1), AF13(FD-2) and igniting delay AF14(FID-1)
Percussion primers for all small arms and artillery ammunition calibres
Powders: for small arms cartridges, for artillery ammunition, for mortar ammunition charges, for ammunition for recoilless system, for grenade launcher ammunition; single-base flame reducing powders, for hunting cartridges for smooth shotguns
Construction Items 6,8x11 and 6,8x18 mm for "Hilti" Device
Primers for Hunting Cartridges: type "Gevelot" and "Winchester"
Signal Pyrotechnic Products: 26mm Signal Cartridges, 30mm Jet Signal and Illuminating Cartridges, 40 mm Jet Cartridges for Gas Alert
16,5mm Signal Cartridges for Pen-type Launcher
Star Bombs: 120mm, 200mm, 310mm
Etc. 7. PROCESSING AND PRODUCTION CAPACITIES I. Machining of rotary parts
/for that machining we use machines produced by the following companys:
YAMAZAKI MAZAK-Japan, GFM-Austria, SIG-Austria, etc./
1. Turning of parts with dia. up to Æ400 mm and length L=6000 mm.
2. Machining on CNC Lathe of parts with dia. up to Æ350 mm and length L=1500 mm.
3. Machining on Vertical Lathe of parts with dia. up to Æ1600 mm and length L=1500 mm.
4. Deep hole drilling of parts with hole dia. from Æ3 mm up to Æ120 mm and length from L=500 mm to L=6000 mm.
5. Boring: hole dia. from Æ75 mm up to Æ200 mm at length up to L=6000 mm.
6. Honing: hole dia. from Æ20 mm up to Æ220 mm at length up to L=7000 mm.
7. Grinding of rotary parts with dia. up to Æ350 mm at length up to L=1500 mm.
8. Machining by cold forging on horizontal forging machines from dia. Æ15 mm up to Æ100mm at length from L=250 mm up to L=2700 mm.
9. Electrochemical machining of holes: from dia. Æ5 mm up to dia. Æ60 mm at length from L=450 mm up to L=2000mm.
II.Machining of prismatic parts
/for that machining we use machines produced by the following companyes:
YAMAZAKI MAZAK-Japan, WALDRICH COBURG, RÖPERVERK - Germany, KELLENBERGER-Switzerland, REISHAUER- Switzerland, TOS-Czech Rep, etc./
1. Machining on Machining Centers
1.1. Horizontal Machining Centers - parts with dimensions up to 3000х1600х1200 mm.
1.2. Vertical Machining Centers - parts with dimensions up to 2000х750х1500 mm.
2. Machining on Flat-surface Grinding Machines - parts with dimensions up to 1800х5000х1500 mm – one machine.
3. Machining on Boring Machines - parts with dimensions up to 1250х1600х900 mm.
1. Heat treatment of steel parts with dia. up to Æ800 mm, length up to L=3000 mm and weight up to 200 kg.
2. Heat treatment of non-ferrous metal parts.
IV.Manufacturing of plastic parts from thermoplastic and thermosetting plastics by:
1. Pressing with effort up to 160 t.
2. Machining by cutting (small-scale production)
V. Chemical and electrochemical plating
1. Chemical Plating
- Chemical oxidation of steel parts with dia. up to Ø120 mm and length up to
Phosphatization and varnishing of steel parts with dia. up to Ø150 mm and length up to L=800 mm;
Passivation of parts:
Parts from aluminium and aluminium alloys with dia. up to Ø 40 mm and length up to L=40 mm;
Parts from copper and copper alloys with dia. up to Ø 40 mm and length up to L=40 mm;
- Chromium plating of inner and outer surfaces of steel parts with dia. up to Ø 200 mm and length up to L=700 mm for inner surfaces and L=1500 mm for outer surfaces ;
Zinc plating with colour and colourless passivation of parts with dia. up to Ø 40 mm and length up to L=160 mm;
Cadmium plating with colour and colourless passivation of parts with dia. up to Ø 40 mm and length up to L=160 mm;
Tinning plating of steel parts and parts from copper and alloys with dia. up to Ø 30 mm and length up to
Electrochemical oxidation of parts from aluminium and aluminium alloys with colourless or chromate passivation - dia. up to Ø 40 mm and length up to L=100 mm.
VI. Casting and die forging manufacturing capacity
1. Production of castings from grey cast iron – weight up to 2000kg and dimensions up to 1600x900x600 mm.
2. Production of die forging:
2.1. On eccentric press from 0,05 kg to 1,5 kg.
2.2. On air-steam hammers from 2 kg to 120 kg.
2.3. On horizontal forging machine with dia. up to Ø 180 mm.
3. Investment castings
Investment castings of parts from carbon steel as well as from alloyed steel with weight from 0,005 kg to 5 kg and dimensions up to 220 kg, accuracy to size- from 0,5 mm to 0,2mm and surface roughness Ra 12,5.
VII. Production of tooling
1. Cutting tools – drills, countersinks, reamers, milling cutters, broaches (except involute spline broaches) from rapid steel as well as from hard alloy.
2. Press tools, stamps, press moulds and special fixtures. The specific of our facilities enables the manufacturing of tools mainly of medium and small dimensions up to 500 mm.
3. Measuring tools – special gauges and all type of measuring tools.
4. Special tooling for the production of cartridges, cases, primers, bullets, detonators, etc.
5. Hard alloys and cemented carbide inserts.
We are in possession of modern machines for tool production as follows:
Grinding Machines – produced by STUDER and KELENBERGER,
Optical Grinding Machines including machines with CN Control,
CNC Milling Machines – produced by MIKRON, FEHLMANN, ACIERA, DECKEL, etc.,
Wire Electro-spark Machines and Penetration Electro-spark Machines – produced by AGIE and CHARMILLES, and
Tool Grinding Machines – produced by WALTER and JÜNGNER.
Arsenal JSCo. is officially licensed by the Government of the Republic of Bulgaria for trade in Military Equipment.
As an export company possessing wide trade experience, ARSENAL JSCo. manufactures high quality and competitive products. More than 80% of the production is exported all over the world.
The detailed information about the full range of ARSENAL JSCo.
production can be found at: www.arsenal2000.com