40x46 mm Round RLV-TB with Thermobaric Grenade
The RLV-TB is used for combined destruction, both by air-blast and thermal emission:
- of the enemy manpower and equipment located mainly in different types of shelters and covered areas, caves and in the open, as well as
- of light armoured and unarmoured vehicles.
The zone of destruction is characterized with overpressure and intense heat is created in the area.
The rounds are designed to be fired from:
- Underbarrel Grenade Launchers: ARSENAL UBGL-M6, UBGL-M7, UBGL-M16; M203;
FN GL1; HK269; AG36, and other launchers adopted to use lethal ammunition (combat types, e. g. - HEF, HEDP, AD, TB);
- Stand-alone Grenade Launchers: ARSENAL UGGL-M1, HK169; HK269; FN GL-S; M320; and other launchers adopted to use lethal ammunition (combat types, e. g. - HEF, HEDP, AD, TB);
- Multi-shot Grenade Launchers: Milkor Mark 1L; Rippel XRGL; ARSENAL MSGL-L, and other launchers adopted to use lethal ammunition (combat types, e. g. - HEF, HEDP, AD, TB).
|Type||Low velocity, thermobaric|
|Overall length, mm||134 max|
|Weight of Round, kg||0.257 max|
|Explosive filling||TBC-2 (Thermobaric composition)|
|Thermobaric composition weight, kg||0.087 max|
|Cartridge case material||Aluminum alloy|
|Primer type||Percussion, Boxer|
|Propellant charge||Double base powder|
|Fuze type||AF41 - point detonating, with time and super-quick and check action and self-destruction|
|Arming distance, m||from 10 to 40|
|Self-destruction time, s||from 14 to 19|
|Details of arming function||3 steps of safety|
|Muzzle velocity, m/s||76|
|Max firing range, m||400|
|Operational temperature, °C||from minus 43 to 52|
3 pcs. metal airtight boxes (28 pcs. in each box), arranged in a wooden case (84 pcs. in total).
|Case dimensions, mm||875x398x206|
|Case weight, kg||40|
|Case volume, m3||0.072|
|CLASS OF EXPLOSION HAZARD||1.1E; UN 0006|
10 years, if stored in storeroom conditions, in the original non-opened packing of the Manufacturer, strictly observing all handling and storage instructions of the Manufacturer.